Early in life I discovered an affinity for creating art in a variety of forms. I have a lifelong fascination with nature and particularly the way light plays on the land, sky and water. Both in my everyday life and in my travels, I love my chance encounters with various environments and people within those spaces. I do not foresee ever running out of captivating scenes to paint.
I am a freelance artist experienced in a variety of mediums, working primarily on painting commissions. Over my art career, I have worked in a wide array of creative expression from cartoon illustrations and t-shirt design to murals, collages, drawing, theatrical backgrounds, portraits, print making, sculpture and landscapes. – Judy Sublett Wild
- Hollins University (purchased by Hollins)
- Art Students League of New York (purchased by ASLNY)
- Numerous private clients and patrons in Houston and around the country
- Murals around Houston including DeChaumes Elementary School, Memorial Assistance Ministries and Memorial Drive United Methodist Church
- Art League of Houston juried members exhibitions, mid 1980s
- Beaumont Art Museum juried show, 1984
- Hollins University Alumnae juried art exhibition, 1990
- Program illustrations and designs for theatrical backdrops, murals and commissions, 1990-2010
- Annual shows at my studio, 2011-2016
- BA, Studio Art, Hollins College 1978
- Arts Student League, New York City, 1980
- MFAH Glassell School (portfolio-based scholarship recipient) with Charles Schorre and Suzanne Mann
- Art League of Houston with Cholla
For more about Judy Wild, visit her website at judyswild.com.